Monday 10 June 2013

Black Pussy by Terry Slack

I’ve got a little pussy, as black as black can be,
she’s never ventured outside, has never climbed a tree.
I left Noel my husband to look after her one day.
The first thing that he did was to let her out to play.

We have a big mongrel dog, Noel says he’s man’s best friend.
So full of false bravado, that never seems to end.
Hubby says he’s what we need to keep us safe at night
If a robber did break in the dog would die of fright.

Had a lovely day at ‘Craft Club’, made a lovely hat,
full of strings, bows and things, there is no denying that.
Got home and there is Hubby, still on the chair asleep
searched and called my pussy but I did not hear a peep.

I screamed at my hubby, “Did you let my cat outside?”
He said, “Don’t fuss woman she’s got lots of spots to hide.”
When his dog comes trotting in black tail between his lips,
Hubby just yelled, “Put that down” his hands upon his hips.

That very thing had happened, the thing that I most feared
but that dog opened his mouth and pussy cat appeared.
‘No’ not a scratch upon her just covered in dog spit.
My stressed mind in such a state I nearly had a fit.

All in all it worked out well, my pussy has a mate.
They play well together when I open up the gate.
Pussy knows what to do when she’s had enough of that,

make a b-line for the door and hide beneath my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment